Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Late, but on time!


Shame Shame Shame on me!
Hello, it’s been far too long!  Let’s just say not having the internet has proven to be a bigger problem than I expected. Right now I am on a plane headed to Las Vegas! It’s our National Convention with 5LINX! I couldn’t be happier, it was a close call. The challenges from April didn’t stop just because May showed up. I wasn't able to purchase my ticket until just THREE days ago! With so many things getting in my way; I never for one moment gave up on finding a way to this convention. It was the Morning Prayer call that lifted my spirits when I was at my most frustrated level. Thank GOD for the great team I have! I’ll fill you in on what’s been happening and how the convention went later. Today, as promised, I want to Spotlight a fellow entrepreneur, a longtime friend and one creative Momma!
                                                                                                                                                    
I caught up with Mrs. Anita Beeghley of Make it Sweet Cakery, while in the process of filling a cake order for prom and a birthday party. She was so excited to have found her stride, being able to complete an order in mere hours opposed to all day event. Anita has been making cakes for a little over a year but started fueling her passion of crafting in 2008 creating homemade soaps. With four children and a husband to say this is one busy lady is an understatement! You can catch Anita in local and national cake competitions, check out Makeitsweetcakerybyanita on FB to see some award winning cakes!

Mia: Anita thanks so much for taking some time for me today. I know you enjoy being creative, what made you decide to take that passion and go into business for yourself?

Anita: I don’t like making money for other people. And this allows me to spend more time with my children and watch them grow-up.

Mia: What would you say was/is the biggest challenge going from working for others and being an entrepreneur?

Anita: You must have a positive mindset that’s for sure. You have so many obstacles to conquer and if you are negative you will fail at any business. And discipline, with my children at home it can make it very challenging to complete a task with them competing for your attention.

Mia: I certainly understand that. You have so many talents when it comes to crafting, what are some of things you have mastered?

Anita: Well, there is my jewelry line I make earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Most of my pieces are OOAK (one of a kind). There are my soaps and scents such as the carpet and room freshener. Last but not least are my cakes, pastries, candies and after weeks of trails my granola is ready!! But I am constantly learning more, there is always something to learn.

Mia: Wow, talk about a wide range of creative outlets. What would you say is your favorite?

Anita: I’ll have to say I enjoy making cakes more as each cake is a different creation and it gives me more creative freedom.

Mia: I know you’re creating as we speak so as promised I’ll keep this short. Before we part please tell us how to get our hands on your creations.

Anita: You can like my Fan Page on Facebook orders can be placed there or on Etsy.com

Mia: Thank you so much for your time I look forward to seeing the final product for your cake order!

Please take some time to visit MakeItSweetCakerybyAnita on FB and etsy.com. You’ll find pictures of more cakes and sweets, inspirational quotes and funny photos/sayings. I would also like to add that Ms. Anita is one heck of a vocalist! Look out for her next vocal contest entry and vote vote vote!

My next installment will take you on my adventures in VEGAS!!! Until next time, Have a GREAT day on PURPOSE!!

Mia 

Click to Save money or Make money

Follow me on Twitter @MommaMiaB
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Mias5linx
Find me on LinkedIN http://www.linkedin.com/in/miabowers


No comments:

Post a Comment