Hello Hello Hello!
Welcome back!
I received such a great response from my first installment. Thank you
everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I had such a busy and
Productive day yesterday I never made it online. I was very eager to share with
you what's been going on with me and the business. I will admit that I was
annoyed when I realized I wasn't going to be able to make my post. But then I
remembered why I couldn't and quickly dismissed those feelings. Why be mad
about having a productive day? Sometimes we forget to put things into perspective;
it's something I have been working on mastering. In life it's all about
your mindset. Having a positive and grateful one goes a LONG way. I
had to ask myself "What's the big deal? Is there a deadline?" NO! I
have no deadline and if I don't get it done when expected there is no boss in
which to report and hope my job is still intact. I have the Freedom to work at
the pace of MY choosing. So let's talk about Freedom.
To me being free means
having the ability to do as you please (within the law) without having to ask
permission first. I was conversing with someone that I respect a great
deal and we have a difference of opinion on what this means. This person makes
a six figure salary, and is highly educated. In their opinion they are free
because "...money isn't an issue for me. I can go where I want and buy
what I want". I had to ask "Do you have to request time off to go on
that trip? Can you go to the mall and shop till you drop on a Wednesday morning
without requesting time off?" I received an odd look, "Of course I
have to request time off, who doesn't?". I just smiled I had more to ask
"If you didn't work for say three weeks and wasn't paid leave could
you pay your bills without tapping into savings?”. This time the look was a bit
annoyed "Of course not, anyone with a job will always have to ask and use
their leave if they want to be able to pay bills. That's why you work hard and
get a good job". Exactly! When you work for others and have
to ask permission to spend your money when you want to you're not free. If
you stopped working, even for a short time, and have to hope your savings (if
you have any) will cover it all, you're not free. Obviously it's great to have
a nice paying job but if you can't enjoy it when and how you want, that's a
problem IMO.
I said before I don't
like to be told what to do. I'm not a morning person so I hated having to wake
up early because my boss wants me in at 8:00. I want to be able to wake up when
I'm done sleeping and not a second before. I'm a workaholic so needless to say
I was PISSED when I was told "You're working too many hours you HAVE to
cut back" and then get complaints when production goes down. WTH? Don't
tell me how long or when to vacation. I want to be able to have the
ability to go where I want without hoping my request for time off is approved.
While on vacation I want to check my account and see that I've MADE money while
kicking back and relaxing. In other words I want to be FREE.
Join me next time as I will fill you in on my crazy week and spotlight another entrepreneur working hard to turn their dream into a reality. (If you would like it to be you please contact me with your information!) Don't forget to share on Facebook, Twitter and other social media! Thanks
Have a GREAT day, on purpose!
Mia
Do you use PEPCO or BG&E? Visit my site to get MY discount for partnering with them! Click Here to get the hook-up!
Follow me on Twitter @MommaMiaB
Like me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Mias5linx
Find me on LinkedIN http://www.linkedin.com/in/miabowers
No comments:
Post a Comment